Get ready! Its gonna snow... I can feel it. And when it does, you'll want to be prepared to hit the slopes at a moment's notice. One of the most important pieces of gear you'll need is a great pair of snow goggles. Eye protection is essential when hurling yourself down an icy mountain dodging pine trees as you shred.
When deciding on the right pair of snow goggles, ask yourself what you want your eyewear to do for you. There are many features you should consider including:
- 100% UV Protection: Even in the winter, the sun can cause major damage to your eyes if you're not choosing the right protection.
- Anti-Fog Technology: Make sure you've got a pair of snow goggles with proper venting so they won't constantly fog up on you. This can be both annoying and dangerous if it compromises your vision.
- Frame Fit: Do you have a small, medium or large-sized head? There are snow goggles made specifically for kids (or adults with small heads). There are goggles sized for people with gigantic domes as well. Pick one that is comfortable for you. Make sure the frame is flexible enough that it doesn't cause any uncomfortable pressure points on your face. Does it sit snug all the way around your face? Is the strap adjustable to give you a customized fit?
- Helmet Integration: Does it integrate seamlessly with your helmet?
- Lens Tint: Mirror coatings are simply about aesthetics and a "cool factor". The tint beneath the mirror is actually functional. What types of lighting conditions will you riding in? Choose a tint that will filter the light accordingly.
- Polarized Lenses: They usually cost a little bit more than non-polarized lenses. But they'll significantly reduce glare that can reflect off of the bright white snow and ice. This is a useful upgrade that can help relax the eye and prevent straining.
- Interchangeable Lenses: If you'll be riding in lots of different lighting conditions, you may want a goggle that allows you to change out lenses as the light conditions change.
- Lens Coatings: Anti-scratch and anti-reflective coatings are available.
- Goggle Storage: Get a cleaning cloth, storage bag and/or storage case so you can protect your investment while you're off the slopes.
Need some additional help or suggestions? Feel free to contact us. We're happy to help give you a customized fit consultation over the phone by calling (602) 464-3136 or via email.