|Smith Optics I/O Recon Snow Goggles|
For Immediate Release (Jan. 16, 2012): In a world where technology seems to be everywhere, market leaders Smith Optics and Recon Instruments are partnering to put tech where it matters - right in front of your eye. Through a formal partnership, Smith Optics will be debuting new product incorporating Recon Instruments direct-to-eye technology at the upcoming Outdoor Retailer, Snow Industries America (SIA), and ISPO trade shows. With Bluetooth® connectivity to smartphones more information will be immediately visible to skiers and snowboarders than ever before.
“When we created the I/O goggle the industry took notice. When Recon created their direct-to-eye technology early adopters noticed. Over the past few years we have been quietly working together to enhance both and we will proudly debut the result at the upcoming shows.” said Eric Carlson, VP of Product & Design at Smith Optics. Recon Instruments’ next generation of technology will boast a number of additional groundbreaking features. Users will be able to view Bluetooth® video on the widescreen LCD installed in the goggle and navigate through the fully integrated MOD Live experience with the use of a wireless remote.
The displays utilize GPS, accelerometer, gyroscope, altimeter and temperature sensors to provide skiers and riders with precise speed, jump, vertical, altitude, location, distance, and temperature measurements and readings in real-time. MOD Live boasts additional smartphone connectivity and advanced onboard apps.
"We're thrilled to be working with one of the most well known goggle brands in the world," said Dan Eisenhardt, CEO Recon Instruments. "The partnership exposes millions of skiers and riders to our industry leading Micro Optics Display technology." At Smith, we make the great days better.
|Recon Instruments Snow Goggle Technology Package|
Smith I/O Goggle Features:
- Med / Large Fit
- Helmet Compatible
- Includes 2 Spherical, Carbonic-X Lenses with TLT Optics
- Quick Release Lens System
- 5X Anti-Fog Inner Lens
- Patented Vaporator Lens Technology with Porex™
- Ultra-Wide Silicone Backed Strap
- 3-Layer DriWix Face Foam
- Includes Microfiber Goggle Bag and Protective Hard Case
- Jump Analytics
- Averages and Maximums
- Run Counter (MOD Live)
- Smartphone platforms
- Resort Points of Interest
- Buddy Tracking
- Text Messaging
- Caller ID
- Black Frame w/ Interchangeable Ignitor Lens & Blue Sensor Lens - Item# IR7IBK12
- Black Frame w/ Interchangeable Green Sol-X Lens & Blue Sensor Lens - Item# IR7NXBK12
- Black Frame w/ Interchangeable Red Sol-X Lens & Red Sensor Lens - Item# IR7DXBK12
- Black Frame w/ Interchangeable Polarized Rose Copper Lens & Red Sensor Lens - Item# IR7EPBK12